~ Follow my adventures as a super-hero cat and an eccentric food taster ~

Aug 1, 2010

Mal-Larci the Food Critic: More Cod

Did you know there are recipes for cod tongue? Who would have imagined. I can honestly say I've never heard of it in butcher's shops or fish mongers, but then I don't usually hang out in those places because they're not particularly fond of cats.

While I was in the US, Bob tracked some Cod tongue and then persuaded someone to cook it. There were two different recipes: fried codfish tongues and boiled cod tongues with lemon juice.

They were surprisingly different. Of course, onion and tomatoes were left out of the recipe and the only milk used was one specially for cats.

I was not very impressed with the cod tongues in lemon juice. The lemon juice spoilt the flavour in my opinion, and made it simply too bitter for me.
Out of five I gave boiled cod tongues with lemon juice: 

But the fried codfish tongues was quite nice. I liked the crispness of the outside and the tongue itself was nice and smooth to eat. Quite yummy.
Out of five I gave fried codfish tongues:

No comments:

Post a Comment