~ Follow my adventures as a super-hero cat and an eccentric food taster ~

Jul 22, 2010

Mal-Larci the Food Critic: Raw Cod


Let's be upfront and honest. I'm a cat. Cats like fish. It wasn't until I'd tried tuna eyes in Japan and Surströmming in Sweden that I began to wonder if each fish type had a different taste. So, for the next few entries, I'm going to try a variety of fish in different recipes (onion free of course) to see whether there is much of a difference.

Until I'd taken on my superhero duties and had opportunities to try food outside of my human's home, I'd only ever eaten food from a can and cat-biscuits. Oddly enough, I don't mind most reasonable quality tinned cat-foods, but there are some unmentionables that I would rather bury in a deep hole in the ground, than eat them.

Anyway, today I thought I'd start with cod, but then I found there were various ways to cook cod. So to start, I tried it raw.


It was ok. A bit chewy and the bones were a nuisance, but quite passable uncooked.
Out of five, I give raw cod: 

No comments:

Post a Comment